Friday, July 28, 2017

Three More Seconds

I'm drowning... which is strange, because I've always been a great swimmer. But it's difficult to tread hard enough to keep your head above the water when you're covered in weights.
I try to yell out so that someone can help pull me up, but with all these weights I'm sure to drag them down with me, and they know that as well as I do. Surviving would be a group effort, but that is far more difficult than it sounds.
There are a few that are actively yelling for help on my behalf. More that look on with concerned faces, but stay silent. And many who look away unfazed, because if you're going to swim with so many weights, you ought to be able to save yourself by now or else get what you deserve.
It seems I have two options: I can fight and wait until there are enough people willing to help that their strength ensures none of us go down, or I can give in to the weights and make sure I don't take anyone else down with me. I'll give myself three more seconds to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment